I hope you all had a great Christmas with your loved ones. I know I had a great day.
The new year is upon us and I wanted to know how many books you all want to read this year. I set a goal on Goodreads this year and blew it out of the water. So I think I will have to up my goal for this year. I set it for 350, and I have hit over 800!!
Looking back on this year I have read so many good books, met some amazing authors and some new book besties. I hope you get to experience that sometime for yourself.
I am going to give you a list of some of my favorite authors that maybe you will be inclined to check out sometime. If you haven’t read anything by them and want a good suggestion, please let me know. I don’t consider them a favorite until I have read at least 3 of their books. Each author is special in their own rights and write a variety of different things.
What makes me like an author? I have to laugh at some of their books! Humor while in the heat of things is a must for me most of the time. I really love laughing at books. My husband can’t believe it when I sit there and crack up during a book, but I love it. Also, there has to be a pull to the characters. Some authors just write and you don’t get that connection, but all of the authors I love seem to know how to make you love their characters.
So I am going to go top 10 authors in no particular order at all.. Just know I love them all!
- HJ Bellus – Must read EVERYTHING by her! Honestly, I love everything she writes. She has this way to pull me in and make me want to be that leading woman in the book.
- KD Robichaux– Love her! Met her this year and she is just as sweet as can be. I loved her No Trespassing book and Before the Lie, Truth Revealed and SEVEN!! Must reads by her!
- Dani Wyatt– Dirty Dirty woman she is! I love her and her short books. They keep you wanting more. She loves writing Daddy books (Im not that into that though) and other super steamy romances.
- Chance Carter– He writes awesome Bad Boy type books. Love the fact that it is a male writer and he really knows how to write the steamy scenes!
- Meghan Quinn– One of my most favorites!! I love her and got to meet her as well this year. She is hilarious and you are guaranteed to laugh at loud at her books. LOVE HER!!
- Terry Bolryder– She writes amazing Dragon Shifter books!! I mean come on, who doesn’t love a good shifter series. I suggest starting with Rent a Dragon.. Man if Dragons were only real……….
- Stylo Fantome– Met her also this year.. She wrote the Neighborhood series– there are 3 books out in the series now all must reads!!
- Alexa Riley– She can write some real down and dirty stuff. Most of her books are short reads, and like I said I love that. She does have some longer books as well. She tends to release more books due to the length. Met her this year as well!!
- Aria Cole– Another nice and dirty writer and she writes nice short novellas. I love them and her! Great books.
- Penny Wylder– So I have gotten into her books and I love them. She has some great reads out there. Make sure you check her out!
- Alison Mello– She is new to me this year! I met her at a book signing and I was lucky that her name was at the top of the list because I read one of her books first. I love the way she writes and I love her books. She is also a super sweet person!!
Ok so I couldn’t stop at 10.. Here are a few more!
There are so many authors that I love– Some others, Samantha Christy, AJ Renee, Frankie Love, Nana Malone, Aria Ford, Lisa Suzanne.. The list could go on and on.
Most of these authors, if not all, are KU authors. I love that about them. Just make sure if you are a KU reader, you go to the end of the book. They get paid by page read, so make sure to go all the way! <hehe>
Please take a chance at some of the authors I have mentioned. I love them all dearly and try to read everything they write. Some of them I consider friends and I try and support them as much as possible even though I may have never met them in person or have only met them once for a few seconds.
Let me know some of your favorites! I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for reading my blog, I would love for it to get bigger (so share with a friend) and let me be able to share my love for books with all of you.
I hope you all have a great New Year and I look forward to chatting with you all in 2018!!
Bring on the books!!